Swimming Pool & Wet Area Rules
- Lifeguards are only available during designated family times. At other times, please use the pools at your own risk.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn in the lap pool, therapy pool, whirlpool, cold plunge, sauna, and steam room. (Lycra, Polyester & Nylon are the only acceptable fabrics.)
- Please shower before entering the lap pool, therapy pool, whirlpool, cold plunge, sauna and steam room.
- Food & drink are not allowed in the pool or on the pool deck or other wet areas.
- No entering the pool immediately after eating.
- Please avoid using any electrical equipment around the pools.
- Please use caution when walking; pool deck may be slippery.
- Please use handrails when entering and exiting pools.
- No running, jumping, diving or horseplay in the pool or on the pool deck.
- No hanging on lane-lines in lap pool or safety rope in the therapy pool.
- No walking on pool deck with flippers on.
- Kickboards, pull buoys, fins, and water fitness equipment are for instructional use and swimmers only.
- Aquatic classes and swim lessons are held in both lap and therapy pools. Please refer to our aquatic schedule for class days and times.
- Spitting, spouting or nose-blowing are not allowed in the pool.
- Persons with communicable diseases are not allowed in the pool. These include any open wounds or sores that might expose bodily fluid to the water.
- The pool(s) will close 12-24 hours for removal and disinfection whenever fecal matter, blood, or vomit is observed.
- All pools, wet areas, showers, and sinks will remain open and available to member use during all inclement weather conditions except when sirens are sounding.
- All other rules enforced by pool staff must be obeyed!
Teens ages 13 - 15
- Members ages 13-15 are welcome to swim and use the whirlpool, cold plunge, dry sauna, steam room, and showers at any time but must have direct parental supervision.
- Members ages 13-15 may become certified to swim without direct parental supervision through the Teen Fitness Program. The parent, who assumes full responsibility of the teen, must be present at all times within the Healthplex.
Children ages 12 & younger
- Members ages 12 years and younger are not allowed in the lap pool, whirlpools, cold plunges, steam rooms or dry saunas at any time.
- Members ages 12 years and younger are welcome to swim in the therapy pool but only during designated family time hours with direct parental supervision.
- Swim belts are recommended for children 12 and younger who do not swim proficiently.
- Children who are not toilet-trained and are less than four years old may swim but must wear a swimsuit diaper. Cloth or disposable diapers are not accepted. Plastic pants are recommended over swim diaper.